Wednesday, May 1, 2013

video

I believe that God told me that our grief, after only having lost Owen, was not to be private.  We strongly believe that we must grieve publicly...because it's not about us, it's about Him.  I think my preference would be to put on my Southern Belle face, ask how YOU are doing, tell you I'm doing fine, and give you a big smile and hug.  HOWEVER, that is about ME.  There is no part of this journey that I want to remain inwardly focused.  So...that being said...after one of my posts about finding joy after pain, I received a text message from a friend who was charged with leading the women's retreat at our church.  She told me how much God was weaving this cool picture with different people learning the same lesson right now :: trust Him despite your circumstance and choose JOY.  I wrote back that we knew that God has asked us to be vulnerable and raw so I would help in any way.  The below is the outcome of that conversation.  It is a very honest video about what God is doing and will do in our lives.  We have been asked to do another video also that will include my husband's perspective that I will post when it is complete.

https://vimeo.com/64851940


4 comments:

AZ said...

Very beautifully said, Rebecca. Your trust/faith is inspiring. Lots of love, Allison

Unknown said...

I was the Southern Belle you speak of...my only regret in the process was that God's story would have been told more!! So proud of you! I know I have been challenged daily with the question, "How much of God do I really want??" He has so much to show us, teach us, and hopefully share! Love you sweet friend!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Rebecca. Thank you for sharing.

charlotte jan said...

Hey my sweet friend...have not visited the blog lately as have been gone. Just watched the video and it is so beautifully done...I KNOW He will continually use it. Have prayed for you two so often. Hope to see u soon.