Wednesday, May 1, 2013

rocked to {the core}

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

those words in a song by laura story get me in my core.  what if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy.
wow.
not even sure how to wrestle this one down to the ground.

if you know me well, you know that i meet jesus in the bubble bath almost nightly.  that's our holy ground where we do business on a frequent basis.  {sorry if that's TMI for some of you!} my current reading for the bubble bath is a book about a mother's loss.  she talks about how much her life changed, yet joy kept creeping in and eventually found a home in her heart again.

i am moving to a season when the pain is not as raw.  i don't have a gaping wound or feel as though i'm standing on the side of the road looking at the carnage of a wreck scene anymore.  for truly, God does give us joy and He does provide healing.

going back to what we were told by Him in delivering our second son, Levi - 
the joy of the Lord is my strength {nehemiah 8}.

if the joy of the Lord is my strength, then truly the trials of this life are, in fact, His mercies in disguise as laura story writes.  i will never be the same again {and that's okay and probably a good thing}, but i do have joy.  and, the person that walks away from surveying the wreck is one who understands that God does show us mercy and sometimes it comes in the form of pain.  let that get you in YOUR core.  it rocks me.

No comments: